Injection mold is a tool for producing plastic products; it is also a tool for giving plastic products a complete structure and precise dimensions.my country’s injection mold industry is developing rapidly, but compared with the advanced level of foreign injection mold industry, there is still a big gap. At present, my country’s injection mold industry is mainly subject to mold standardization, mold accuracy, life and manufacturing cycle, and mold steel product upgrades. , The level of corporate management innovation and other factors.With the continuous development of domestic injection technology in recent years, the plastic molding process has been continuously improved, and high-qualityInjection moldThere are also more and more factories.
To produce a set of high-quality injection molds requires not only good mold processing equipment and skilled mold manufacturing workers, but also a very important factor is to have a good mold design. Especially for complex molds, the quality of the mold design accounts for the mold. More than 80% of the quality.An excellent mold design is: on the premise of meeting the requirements of customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short.
To achieve this, we must not only fully digest the customer’s requirements, but also have an understanding of the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology, and the mold factory’s own processing capabilities.Therefore, to improve the design level of injection molds, the following design principles should be followed:
- 1. At the beginning of the design of each injection product, the mold opening direction and parting line must be determined first to ensure that the core-pulling slider mechanism is minimized and the effect of the parting line on the appearance is eliminated.
- 2. Understand every detail in the design of each mold and understand the purpose of each part in the mold.
- 3. Appropriate demoulding slope can avoid product top damage, such as top white, top deformation, and top break.
- 4. When designing, refer to previous similar designs, and understand the situation in its mold processing and product production, and learn from the experience and lessons.
- 5. When designing injection products, the contradiction between product appearance, performance and process must be considered comprehensively.Sometimes a part of the manufacturability can be sacrificed to get a good appearance or performance.
- 6. Learn more about the working process of the injection molding machine to deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection molding machine.
- 7. Design the buckle device to share multiple buckles at the same time, so that the overall device will not be inoperable due to the damage of individual buckles, thereby increasing its service life, and more filtering and rounding corners to increase strength.
- 8. Under the factory, understand the process of processed products, and recognize the characteristics and limitations of each process.
- 9. The product identification is generally set on the inner surface of the product on a relatively flat surface, and adopts a convex form. Choose the surface where the normal direction and the mold opening direction ruler may be consistent to set the logo to avoid strain.
- 10. Understand the results of mold trial and mold modification of the mold designed by yourself, and learn lessons.
- 11. Inserting inserts in injection molded products can increase local strength, hardness, dimensional accuracy and set small threaded holes (shafts) to meet various special needs.At the same time, it will increase product costs.
- 12. When designing, try to use the more successful mold structure before.
- 13. Setting a reasonable fillet can also improve the processing technology of the mold. For example, the cavity can be directly milled with an R cutter to avoid low-efficiency electrical processing.
- 14. Know more about the impact of mold water on products.
- 15. As far as possible, the pillar should not be used alone. It should be connected to the outer wall or used with reinforcement ribs as far as possible. The purpose is to strengthen the strength of the pillar and make the rubber flow more smoothly.
- 16. Research some special mold structures and learn about the latest mold technology.
The main basis of mold design is the product drawings and samples provided by customers.Designers must carefully analyze and digest the products and samples. At the same time, they must check all items one by one during the design process.At the beginning of mold design, you should pay more attention to considering several options, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each option, and choose one of them.Because of the time understanding, the reasonable design at that time, after production and use practice, there will certainly be areas for improvement.
Link to this article：Talking about 16 core experiences of injection mold design