Mold design refers to the personnel who are engaged in the digital design of corporate molds, including cavity molds and cold stamping dies, based on traditional mold design, fully applying digital design tools, improving mold design quality, and shortening mold design cycles.
Mold is an industrial product that is shaped into a material in a certain structure in a certain way. It is also a production tool that can mass produce industrial product parts with certain shape and size requirements. From airplanes and automobiles to tea cups and nails, almost all industrial products must be formed by molds. The high precision, high consistency, and high productivity of using molds to produce parts are unmatched by any other processing method. To a large extent, the mold determines the product’s quality, efficiency and new product development capabilities. Therefore, the mold has the honorary title of “Mother of Industry”
The Related Software Of Mold Design
Mold Planner is a highly efficient mold design assistant software with advisory functions. It is a secondary development software based on UG (NX) platform independently developed by Nippon Dentsu International Information Service Co., Ltd. In China, it is the general agent of its subsidiary, Shanghai Dentsu Information Service Co., Ltd.
What problems can MoldPlanner solve in mold design?
- First of all, through the mold design consultant function, it provides automatic mold division, provides the thimble layout design, and the cooling layout design consultant function, which solves the lack of experience in mold design.Problems caused by poor design quality.
- Secondly, through the automatic placement of thimble, cooling parts, automatic drawing, report function,
It reduces a lot of simple and boring working time in mold design and greatly improves work efficiency.
- Finally, through the registration of standard parts library and standard mold base library, the standardization of mold design was realized through the registration of the company’s own parts library and mold base library, which solved the problem of the uneven technical level of mold designers and the high turnover rate. The subject of negative influence brought by mold design.
Pro/ENGINEER continuous die design expert
Fast continuous die design
Using customized solutions to develop continuous die molds can achieve the best results. With Pro/ENGINEER continuous die software, easy-to-use wizards can guide users through automatic strip layout definition, punch die creation, and die component placement and modification. Documents, gap cuts, and drill holes are automatically created, allowing mold designers to avoid manual, error-prone tasks.
Features and advantages
The process-oriented workflow can automatically perform the design and refinement of the continuous die, thereby accelerating the speed of production. Including a large library of mold components and fasteners, thereby accelerating the speed of detailed design
Speed up the flattening and recognition of features to facilitate segmentation processing
Improved design flexibility, even allowing new stages to be added after the mold is created
Improve efficiency by automating repetitive tasks, such as creating gap cuts
- Perform a feasibility analysis on the product of the designed mold. Take the computer case as an example. First, use the design software for the assembly analysis of the product drawings of each component, that is, the set of drawings in our work, to ensure that the product drawings are correct before the mold design On the other hand, you can be familiar with the importance of each component in the entire chassis to determine the key size, which is very beneficial in mold design. The specific drawing method will not be introduced in detail here.
- The work to be done after the product analysis is to analyze what kind of mold structure is used for the product, to arrange the process of the product, to determine the punching content of each process, and to use the design software to carry out the product development. Expand forward, for example, a product requires five processes. When the stamping is completed, the product drawing starts from the product drawing to the fourth project, the third project, the second project, and the first project. After unfolding a graphic, copy a copy and then proceed to the previous project. The development of the product, that is, the completion of the product development work of the five projects, and then the meticulous work. Note that this step is very important and requires special care. If this step is completed well, it will save a lot of time in drawing the mold drawing. After the content of each project is determined, it is included in the forming die. The inner and outer lines of the product material thickness are retained to determine the size of the convex and concave die. The method of product expansion will not be explained here, and it will be included in the product expansion method. Specific introduction.
- Prepare materials, prepare the materials according to the product development drawing, and determine the template size in the drawing, including the fixed plates, discharge plates, convex and concave molds, inserts, etc., pay attention to the preparation of materials directly in the product development drawing, so that it is very useful to draw the mold drawing. The big advantage is that I have seen many mold designers who directly perform manual calculations on the product development drawings to prepare materials. This method is too inefficient. Directly draw the template specifications on the drawings and express them in the form of assembly drawings. On the one hand, material preparation can be completed. On the other hand, a lot of work is saved in the work of various parts of the mold, because in the work of drawing each component, only positioning, pins, guide posts, and screw holes can be added to the preparation drawing.
- After the material preparation is completed, you can fully enter the drawing of the mold drawing, make another copy in the material preparation drawing, and draw each component, such as adding screw holes, guide post holes, positioning holes and other holes, and in the punching die All kinds of holes need to be cut by wire. In the forming mold, the forming gap between the upper and lower molds must not be forgotten. Therefore, after the completion of these tasks, the mold drawing of a product has been almost 80% completed, and in the process of drawing the mold drawing Pay attention to: each process refers to the production, such as fitter marking, wire cutting, etc., until different processing processes have complete layers. This has great benefits for wire cutting and drawing management, such as color distinction, size, etc. The labeling is also a very important task, and it is also the most troublesome task, because it is too time-consuming.
- After the above drawings are completed, the drawings cannot actually be issued. The mold drawings need to be proofread, all the accessories are assembled, and different layers are made for each different mold board, and the same datum, such as the guide post hole, is used to perform the mold. The assembly analysis, and the product development drawing of each process is inserted into the assembly drawing to ensure that the hole positions of the templates are consistent and the clearance fit between the upper and lower molds at the bending position is correct.
Link to this article：Mold Design