The injection mold is a tool for producing plastic products; during the processing of the injection mold, the plastic melted by heat is injected into the cavity by the injection molding machine at a high pressure, and the molded product is obtained after cooling and solidification.So what are the characteristics of injection mold processing?
- 1. Off-site design and off-site processing.Mold processing is not the ultimate goal, but the final product design proposed by the user. Mold processing manufacturers design and process molds in accordance with the user’s requirements. In most cases, product injections are also produced by other manufacturers.This leads to the situation that product design, mold design and processing, and product production are carried out in different places.
- 2. The cavity and core are three-dimensional.The external and internal shapes of the plastic part are directly formed by the cavity and core. These complex three-dimensional profiles are more difficult to process, especially the blind hole of the cavity. If the traditional processing method is used , Not only requires workers to have a high level of craftsmanship, many auxiliary tools, fixtures, and tools, but also a long processing cycle.
- 3. Long process flow and tight processing time.For injection molded parts, most of them are complete products that are matched with other parts, and in many cases, other parts have already been completed. Kong Yin expects that injection molded parts will be available on the market.Because of the high requirements for the shape or dimensional accuracy of the product, and because of the different characteristics of the resin material, after the mold is processed, it is necessary to frequently try and correct the mold, which makes the development and delivery time very serious.
- 4. High precision and profile quality requirements and long service life.At present, the dimensional accuracy of general plastic parts is IT6-7, and the roughness is Ra0.2-0.1μm, and the dimensional accuracy of the corresponding injection mold parts is required to reach IT5-6, and the roughness is less than Ra0.1μm.The roughness of the recording surface of the laser disk should reach 0.02-0.01μm, which is the level of mirror processing, which requires the roughness of the mold to be below 0.01μm.Long-life injection molds are needed for high efficiency and cost reduction. At present, the service life of injection molds generally requires more than 100 million times.Careful injection molds need to use a rigid mold base, increase the thickness of the template, and add support columns or tapered positioning elements to prevent the mold from deforming under pressure. Sometimes the internal pressure can reach 100MPa.The ejection assembly is the main factor that affects the product deformation and dimensional accuracy, so the best ejection point should be selected to make the demoulding evenly everywhere.High-precision injection molds use inlay or full-assembly structure in structure, which requires the processing accuracy and exchangeability of mold parts to be advanced.
- 5. Professional division of labor, dynamic combination.Molds are produced in small batches and generally belong to single-piece production, but molds require a lot of standard parts, ranging from mold bases to small thimbles. These cannot or cannot be completed by only one manufacturer, and the processing technology is complex, and the equipment is popular. And the use of CNC equipment is extremely unbalanced.
Link to this article：Characteristics of injection mold processing